Sun, 23 December 2012
Sun, 16 December 2012
Causes of conflict
I. Our natural self-centeredness.
II. Expecting others to meet needs in our lives that only God can meet
1. Jesus offers you peace with God.
2. Jesus offers you The Peace of God
3. Jesus shows you how to make peace with others.
Sun, 9 December 2012
-Jesus saves you from something
-Jesus saves you for something
-Jesus saves you by something
1. Jesus saves you from sin and yourself
-You are the source of most of your problems
-We’re born with an “I” problem
2. Salvation is freedom
-Free from guilt over the past
-Free from bitterness and resentment
-Free from Expectations of others
-Free from addictive habits
-Free from the fear of death
3. Jesus came to save you for a purpose
4. Jesus came to save you by his grace
-Religion says do, Jesus says done.
Sun, 2 December 2012
2. Christmas time is a time to celebrate that God is with you.
3. Christmas time is a time to celebrate that God is for you.
Sun, 25 November 2012
1. Generosity is best learned by Example
2. Generosity is a desirable attribute not dependent on ability
3. Generosity is rooted in God’s grace
4. Grace that is genuine is demonstrated
Sun, 18 November 2012
-God is looking for those that desire to please him and honor His commands
-Pray andseek God's face
-God is watching for those who give help to the poor
-Helping the poor brings the promise of a reward
Sun, 11 November 2012
November 11 , 2012
Sun, 4 November 2012
John 21:15-19 (NIV)
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
1. We need pastoral care and we need each other.
2. We need to feed constantly on the word.
3. Sheep are prone to wander into danger so we need repeated guidance, protection, and correction.
Luke 9:23 (NIV)
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
Sun, 21 October 2012
October 21, 2012
Sun, 14 October 2012
October 14, 2012